Proposal for Validator Package
There is a need for the validation of JavaBeans to validate
user input from forms and validate business rules. There is also a
need to define different validation rules and error messages based on
the user's locale.
The Validator package will provide the capability to configure
validators (validation methods) with different method signatures.
So the basic framework can have an interface built on it to deal
with validations on web layers, ejb layers, etc.
(1) Scope of the Package
The package shall create and maintain a package that provides
basic validation functionality.
The package should :
- Provide in an easy way to define validations for fields
- Provide internationalization support for validation rules and error messages.
- Provide an easy way to define validators
side validation can be auto-generated matching the server side validation.
(1.5) Interaction With Other Packages
Validator relies on:
(2) Required Jakarta-Commons Resources
- Commons BeanUtils
- Commons Collections
- Commons Digester
- CVS Repository - New directory
validator in the
jakarta-commons CVS repository.
- Initial Committers - The list is provided below.
- Mailing List - Discussions will take place on the general
email@example.com mailing list. To help list
subscribers identify messages of interest, it is suggested that the
message subject of messages about this component be prefixed with
- Bugzilla - New component "Validator" under the "Commons" product
category, with appropriate version identifiers as needed.
- Jyve FAQ - New category "commons-validator" (when available).
(4) Initial Committers
The initial committers on the Validator component shall be: